Should we move the updates section onto another page and just have it linked from the front page? If we keep it there it's going to get long and distracting.
Manboobs 09:59, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, it would make more room for content. RevWubby 15:18, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
- Sure thing! Swiggy 15:20, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
- I don't know, maybe we should keep the updates on the first page, but then just move the older updates in an archive. Fuckrucker 18:22, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
Would a calendar of pages make sense? There is an extension Extension:Simple_Calendar that allows calendar templates with very little work. Nothing more than a word and a date. The days then link to pages. This could be used to create a short description of that days show(s), like a set of user generated shownotes.
RevWubby 15:18, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
Front Page Article
Would it be possible to have a link to a weekly/daily featured article or randomly chosen article appear on the front page?
Flameblade 16:31, 12 September 2008
- How about moving the instructions to a different page, too, when more front page content become available? RevWubby 17:43, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
- When the wiki has more content, the front page should have a featured article, and a 'Basics' or 'Beginners' link that links to a beginners guide for new listeners. Flameblade 17:46, 12 September 2008
A new layout?
I have done a quick slightly less irritating layout for the front page. Hint: It has columns. See here.
- Looks good. It seems to me that the columns should be the other way around though. Flameblade 10:13, 13 September 2008
- Columns are a great idea. Now we just need content to flesh it out. I agree that the daily stuff should go on the left. I've asked Tim to install an extension for calendars. I think the freaks would love to create a set of user-generated shownotes. (I'm going to beat this horse till it's a skeleton!) RevWubby 14:33, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
- Slightly updated the look in a fit of boredom, added a commented-out section for easy-to-edit-ness. See above link. [[User::Ew73|Ew73]] 18:45, 18 September 2008 (Pacific)
I'm about to make the front page in a Wikipedia styled format. I hope people can help add with their own perspective, like Ew73. --RubyRed 05:49, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
Should we post links to the freakipedia on the DV message boards? Or will the spam bots follow that link here? Fuckrucker 18:25, 16 September 2008 (UTC)